Issuance and renewal of passport of citizen
The passport is the property of the Republic of Azerbaijan, its withdrawal or pledge shall be strictly prohibited except in the cases stipulated by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
When a passport is lost, state authorities issuing it, if such event takes place abroad, the diplomatic representation or consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan must immediately be informed. The diplomatic representations or consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan together with the relevant executive authority of the Republic of Azerbaijan provide such citizens depending on the person's choice with one of the following documents entitled to return to the Republic of Azerbaijan in a short time:
- either measures can be taken to issue a new ordinary passport of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- or a return certificate for immediate return of the person to the Republic of Azerbaijan can be issued
The following documents are required from a citizen for issuing ordinary passport:
- application form for issuing a national passport (application for issuing a national passport to a citizen who has reached the age of 18 and an application for issuing a national passport to a citizen who has not reached the age of 18);
- Petition written in person by a citizen
- 2 photos (3x4 cm)
- Original and copy of not expired Identity card of a citizen(şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi);
- Original and copy of the expired or damaged passport
- Original Military ID (hərbi bilet) for male applicants aged 18-35. Or original document proving the exemption from military service or right to deferment;
- The receipt of the Payment of the state fee (25 USD) to the following bank account of the Embassy:
Unicredit Banca di Roma
Numero conto: 0000400992178
IBAN: IT 67 C 02008 05001 000400992178
- Relevant (15 manat for age of 0-1) (25 manat for age of 1-3) (35 manat for age of 3-18) (60 manat for older than 18) fee must be paid online http://www.bpqmi.gov.az/?/az/menu/25/ or by a relative / representative of the applicant in person at the Main Passport, Registration and Migration Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs or ASAN Xidmet. Copy of the payment confirmation must be submitted along with other documents.
- for children under age of 18 birth certificate issued by the Embassy (birth certificates issued by Italian authorities are not accepted) , a written consent of parents or legal representatives of children under age of 18 and Original (and copy) passport or identification cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the parents of children under age of 18;
The citizen must come to the Embassy in person with the above-mentioned documents. For this purpose, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy in advance to schedule an appointment.Only complete applications will be accepted.